Dropped Vehicle Crossing Form
Somerset County Council
Operations Director for Economic & Community Infrastructure
Application to Construct a Vehicle Crossing Over The Highway, Footway or Verge in
Highways Act 1980, Section 184
New Roads and Street Works Act 1991 (NRSWA), Traffic Management Act 2004 (TMA)
- Please note there is a fee of £90.00 to cover administration and site inspection costs. Cheques should be made payable to Somerset County Council, and must accompany this application form.
- Please note that this fee is non-refundable.
- Please read the specific Schedule of Conditions prior to completing the form.
- Applicants (homeowners), intending to construct a vehicle crossing must contact their Local Planning Authority (LPA), as planning permission may be required. Where required, planning permission must be obtained prior to submitting this application.
- If the proposed works requires piping, culverting or obstructs an ordinary watercourse, whether permanent or temporary, it is a legal requirement under section 23 of the Land Drainage Act to seek consent from the relevant authority. For more information visit www.somerset.gov.uk/consent.
- The permit is valid for 3 months. Subsequent extensions will require a new application and are subject to a further fee.