Application for Free School Meals
While the majority of schools in Somerset use this free school meals service, a small number do not. Therefore, if your child(ren) attends Holyrood Academy you will need to contact the school directly to apply for free school meals. Any applications for children that attend these schools will not be processed.
How do I qualify?
Parents/carers who receive any of the following are entitled to free school meals:
- Income Support (IS)
- Employment Support Allowance (Income Related)
- Universal Credit
- Income-based Job Seekers Allowance (IBJSA)
- Guaranteed Element of State Pension Credit.
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- Child Tax Credit provided they are not entitled to Working Tax Credit, with an annual taxable income (as assessed by HMR&C) of less than £16,190
Please note: Only the benefits listed above qualify for free school meals.
If you have recently become unemployed but are still receiving Working Tax Credits, you may be entitled to free school meals. Please call us on 0300 123 2224 for advice.