From 1st April 2017 Somerset County Council is offering 20 start up grants for new Childminders, who meet the eligibility requirements
The grant will provide one year’s membership to either:
• Morton Michel – ‘EasyMind’ package https://www.mortonmichel.com/Childminder/
• PACEY Quality Start Up Package
Both these offers include cover for your first year Public Liability Insurance
In order to be eligible for this grant you must:
• Have completed your Ofsted registration visit.
• Be delivering childcare in Somerset.
• Have not been registered as a childminder in Somerset or any local authority within the past 12 months
• Plan to offer 30 hours funded childcare for 3 and 4 year olds or funded places for eligible 2 year olds
• Have applied to join Somerset’s Directory of funded Providers
• Work in an area where there is insufficient childcare according to Somerset County Council’s sufficiency reports.
Due to the limited number of grants available priority will be given to Childminders who offer drop off/pick up service from a school or another group provision.
Additional consideration will be given if you plan to offer places for children with special educational needs (SEND).